The Platte County Citizen is an award winning newspaper covering one of the fastest growing counties in the Kansas City region.
CIRCULATION: One ad in The Platte County Citizen and Citizen Direct reaches more people than some area newspapers reach in a month. That comes to about 10,000 households by mail each week with a readership of more than 20,000! No one else can say they reach these numbers in this market, and if they do, no one else can prove it.
REACH: Do you want to reach potential customers who live in Platte City, Weston, Dearborn, Edgerton, Camden Point, Farley, Ferrelview, Kansas City, North Oak, Barry Road, Green Hills Road, Platte Woods, Parkville, Riverside, Lake Waukomis and Smithville? We can help you do just that.
QUALITY: Your very best prospects are print readers. People who are typically upper income, higher education, professional/managerial occupations all count themselves as newspaper readers.
IMMEDIATE: Advertising with The Citizen is among the fastest forms of advertising with extremely short deadlines that allow ads to be created and run within days.
We deliver Platte County news to Platte County and beyond, the major metro paper and the local radio and television news does not.
Unique Marketing Opportunities In The Platte County Citizen
1. Inserts: Inserts are a destination for readers. Market your inserts to subscribers, non-subscribers or both.
2. Co-op Advertising: Extend your marketing budget through shared costs. The Citizen will investigate and access co-op funds, develop co-op approved ads and process claim and billing forms for a seamless co-op advertising experience.
3. Special Sections: We offer a variety of opportunities where a special market place is created to help in targeting and advertiser’s best prospects. These products are inserted into the newspaper or may be distributed in other ways needed to best attract the niche audience. Our sections include:
Home and Garden, April and October – This section publishes twice a year and features stories on businesses and people that can offer you tips and savings on how to take care of your property.
Health and Fitness, January - February – This publication will take advantage of expertise in Platte County to provide you with advice on how to maintain your health.
Graduation Edition, May – Keepsake edition. Features all area graduate photos published along with advertisements and best wishes from parents and area businesses.
The Platte County Fair Guide, July – This is the largest event in Platte County. This fair guide is the only source with the complete schedule and story information on the longest running fair this side of the Missouri river.
High School Sports, August, December, March – This three part series kicks off in August with a fall sports preview. We provide previews on all Platte County Sports teams, premier athletes and sports schedules of all five area high schools including Park Hill, Park Hill South, Platte County, North Platte and West Platte. No other PlatteCounty newspaper competes with our coverage. Advertisers receive a discount when marketing in all three issues.
Salute to Veterans, November – This keepsake reader favorite allows our county community to submit photos of family members and friends who have served or who are serving in the military during any time or era, we publish these photos for free. After this section publishes we have many families stop by to pick up extras to give out to extended family to document their family history.
Holiday Gift Guide in November & December – The first issue is published and mailed early to get in shoppers hands the Wednesday before Black Friday. This features locally owned businesses with great, unique gift ideas that you won’t find in your big box stores. Start your holiday shopping with this gift guide.
4. Web site of The Platte County Citizen: Among the most popular web sites in our community is the one operated by our staff. Advertising on the plattecountycitizen.com offers significant targeting opportunities and cost efficiency. With upgrades to our website this year, the website is now interactive, bringing people in for longer periods and keeping them coming back.
5. Commercial Printing: Every printed piece of paper you hand out is a marketing piece for your business. Citizen Printing offers customers who need printing the opportunity and cost efficiency to print business cards, letterhead, envelopes, catalogs, inserts and other commercial printing needs, while keeping your image and message consistent.
6. Direct Mail: The Citizen is your direct mail headquarters. We provide mailing lists or saturations, in house design and development, printing and mailing.
Ready to have an advertisement that will do what you set out to do? For more information on any of these marketing opportunities call (816) 858-5154 or e-mail email@example.com