Three area fire protection districts battled a fire early Tuesday morning, April 17, at Highway 92 and Lakeport Lane in the eastern part of Platte County.
The Smithville Area Fire Protection district responded to a call a little after 3 a.m. that a basement was on fire.
The fire quickly spread and engulfed the living area. The cause was determined to be electrical.
A large shop at the residence was unharmed and contents from it were saved.
The Central Platte Fire Protection District, the Camden Point Fire Protection District and NRAD Ambulance all responded to the incident.
Both residents of the house escaped without harm. The Red Cross is assisting the family.